Changing the world with advanced social robotics.
RoboKind is the world leader in humanoid social robotics. We design and build robots with advanced capabilities that enable people to engage with robots personally and socially.
Our advanced social robots are purpose-built for autism intervention, special education, STEM instruction and university research. We can deliver full courseware and therapies created by subject matter experts, and include appropriate interaction for both verbal and non-verbal learners.
Most robotics companies create robots that just move and perform functions. Our robots, however, are created to be more humanistic with unparalleled technology that produces the most lifelike robots in the world. RoboKind robots feature the ability to walk, talk, teach, and think while using life-like facial expressions and natural social interactions.
The RoboKind team includes some of the nation’s top experts in robotics, artificial intelligence, and electrical, mechanical and software engineering. Together, we engineered breakthrough technology to create the interactive and facial expression possible in humanoid robots including Milo and Zeno R25.
The RoboKind Difference
- Robots with high-level artificial intelligence (have conversations, measure interest, learning and frustration, deliver education, determine when to re-engage and respond to facial expressions and gestures)
- Realistically displays human facial expressions and emotions
- Robots can assess the emotional and interest levels of the participants through facial recognition and adjust the lesson to continue learning
- Data capture and video recording of sessions assists teachers, facilitators and parents in viewing progress and planning future learning activities
- Utilizes robot/student/tablet interactions
- Manufactured for real uses around the world in research, treatment, and education
- The first affordable advanced social robot
Our mission is to design and build affordable social robots that interact with people more naturally and personally than ever before. We hope our robots can help people learn and grow as they benefit from our robot’s unique capabilities.
Robots4Autism™ is a comprehensive autism intervention program that features purpose-built humanoid robots to deliver developmental instruction modules for emotional and social behaviors. It creates high-level engagement between the student and the robot and allows students to progress at their own speed with lesson repetition. Valuable real time data of student participation, time on task, eye contact and progress is reported which is not easily collected by staff without using the camera and software technology of the robot.
Given the financial constraints facing schools today, Robots4Autism is the first affordable humanoid robot built for autism intervention. Our robot, Milo, appeals to the mechanical strengths and interests of children on the spectrum bridging academic success with developmental needs behaviorally and socially.
- Unparalleled human like expressions, gestural bodies and eyes, face tracking, and conversational artificial intelligence
- Programmed to deliver innovative research-based curriculum to teach social understanding
- Consistent lesson delivery with ability to redirect and keep children learning
- Nonthreatening interaction improves the child’s ability to learn and practice social behaviors in natural contexts
- Quick and high level engagement between the student and the robot
- Students learn at their pace with lesson repetition
- Real time data of student participation (time on task, eye contact, progress)
RoboSTEPS™ is an innovative computer science courseware that uses action-driven humanoid robots, programmable avatars and animation to teach real world cognitive and reasoning skills, and scientific concepts and applications. This full year high school computer science and programming course is delivered via eBooks and provides each student with their own avatar to program in Java. Students are delighted to control an actual expressive interactive humanoid robot. RoboSteps is an easy add-on to enhance or extend existing computer science coursework, and also provides ideal learning opportunities for a robotics club or computer science competition.
Teachers appreciate the comprehensive instructional guides that provide detailed lesson plans with directed learning activities. These inquiry-based and project-based assignments for individual, team and class participation create high level excitement and fun for students and teachers alike. The course is designed to promote cooperative learning and problem solving with all levels of students from their very first lesson.
The RoboSTEPS Difference
- A scaffolding curriculum introduces students to computer science, programming and robotics through project-based coursework
- The activities promote problem solving, critical thinking and collaborative skills while integrating computers, computational concepts, technology and emerging scientific developments into cross-discipline instruction
- Affordable and scalable to meet educational budgets
- Compliments the core standards of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), and aligns to the National Science Education (NSES), Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA) and National Education Technology (NETS) standards
- Teachers utilize 5E learning concepts of engage, explore, explain, elaborate and evaluate
- Includes easy-to-access eBooks with project-based activities for students, and comprehensive lessons plans and weekly planners for teachers
Dementia and Alzheimer TherapyBest practices created by experts in the field utilizes our expressive RoboKind humanoid robot and tablets to allow patients more frequent and longer personalized interactions per day. Therapies and increased frequency are designed to reduce the rate of progressive disease onset and improve the patient’s daily mood and outlook while providing patient evaluation statistics that are recorded by the robot.
Foreign Language DevelopmentEarly introduction of foreign languages provides children –in ages 3- 7 with the ability to acquire the language earlier and more fluently through the expressive interactions with the robot and tablet. It provides a personalized language instructor who can read to the child, ask questions, and react to pronunciations of words. Classroom programs for schools will be available in Chinese, French, Spanish and English as a second language.